(21st May 2018)
Types of personal information we collect about you
The types of personal information we collect about you depend on your relationship with us. They include:
- Your personal contact details such as name, title, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Identification, health and other background information we may collect about you as part of our client acceptance procedures and recruitment procedures.
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or relating to the event invitations, updates, marketing materials and other communications we send to you electronically.
- Your communication preferences regarding marketing materials.
- The company you work for and your position.
- Financial information, such as your bank account details.
- Any other personal information you provide to us during your relationship with us, such as dietary requirements, any physical disability and your views and comments.
How we collect your personal information
The ways in which we collect personal information about you may include the following:
- In the course of our client engagement procedures and in providing enablement services to our clients.
- Through your general use of our website. In particular, we collect personal information about you if you complete forms on our website and if you send emails to Friendly Faces personnel from the website.
- Through your responses to our emails asking that you confirm and update information we maintain about you, or that you provide your consent for us to communicate with you.
- Through information you may provide to Friendly Faces staff at conferences and similar events.
- Through your application for a job at Friendly Faces.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage, administer and improve our provision of enablement and other services to you as a client.
- To provide information requested by you.
- To provide, administer, monitor the use of, and improve this website.
- To promote our services, including by sending to you personalised event invitations, updates and other marketing materials.
- To follow up with you on a job application.
Our legal bases for using your personal information
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with clients to provide enablement or other services.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- For our legitimate interests, as summarised above under the heading ‘How we use your personal information’.
How we share your personal information
We may share your personal information with others in the following circumstances:
- Other healthcare organisations such as doctors’ surgeries, social services and commissioners in order to provide to clients’ enablement or other services and in accordance with our business administrative practices.
- Our third party service providers in order to provide us with services, including our professional advisers such as our auditors, our information technology service providers, third parties to whom we outsource support services such as document review and third parties whom we may have need to contact in connection with
our provision of services to clients, such as the emergency services, social workers and GPs.
- Government or regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals or other third parties if we consider it necessary or appropriate under applicable laws.
- Any new Friendly Faces entity or other third party if we decide to re-organise or transfer all or any part of our business.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose to third parties your personal information without your consent.
How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention guidelines. Our retention periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws, other legal and regulatory requirements to retain information for a minimum period and limitation periods, for example in the case of court proceedings or for taking legal action.
How we protect your personal information
We have in place technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we collect about you from unauthorised, improper or unlawful access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction, consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Countries to which we transfer your personal information
We may need to transfer your personal information to locations outside the jurisdiction in which you provide it, or from where you are viewing this website, in order to use it on the bases set out above.
Your rights regarding your personal information
If you reside in the EU you may have the following rights under EU data protection laws:
- To request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- To correct any incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we hold about you.
- To request us to delete or remove from our systems your personal information where there is no legal basis for us continuing to process it.
- To request us to suspend processing of your personal information, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- To request the transfer of your personal information to a third party.
- To withdraw any consent that you have provided to us for processing your personal information.
- To make a complaint to a local supervisory authority about how we are processing your personal information.
If you reside in a jurisdiction outside the EU, you may also have rights under applicable laws in connection with your personal information that we collect, hold and process.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please advise us of any changes to your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com
Friendly Faces is the data controller of your personal information.
Updates to this policy